Dawn of Time

Welcome to the Dawn of Time.
Will you join or leave? Fight or flee?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dawn of Time

Welcome to the Dawn of Time.
Will you join or leave? Fight or flee?

Dawn of Time

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You find yourself if a place of black and grey, will you find your way?

Check out the information on the environment on which you now roam. Will you be a survivor? Will you fight or flee? Stay or Leave? Welcome to the Dawn of Time....

+2
Icicle
Anevay
6 posters

The Main Camp

Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

The Main Camp Empty The Main Camp

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

The main camp rests in a large Valley that long ago ran dry. Holes are dug into the sides of the rock forming dens. There is a rock that acts as a ledge. Climbing up the ledge Is a large opening with the Central Meeting/conference area. Inside the walls moss hangs almost acting as a barrier. There are other openings in the conference area, acting as dens for the Three Alpha's. Curious pups usually find their way up the ledge and into the dens. Fallen trees act to help wolves get in and out of the main camp. It is in the heart of the territory and the largest central camp. (There are four other Camps, The Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Camps. They are more desolate and each have their own training/ specialty. Relatively all wolves live in the main camp, but apprentices are commonly brought out for assessments and such there.)
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

The Main Camp Empty Re: The Main Camp

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Anevay sits at the ridge above the valley that looked down where the packs central camp was located. It was probably at one point crawling with young pups, rival apprentices, defending warriors, loyal hunters, queens. The land surrounding was now just black and grey, when the last warrior fell, the last color bled. Looking down at her own pelt Anevay realized exactly how much she stood out compared to the land around her, yet she still survived, she made this her home.
    Rising to her paws her eyes search the land around her. Her eyes scanning the horizon. The sun was directly overhead right now, marking half of the day to an end.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Icicle set out about the grey land, knowing his survival was on the line. The ashes from the earth soaked into his fur, making him blend into the land. He hadn't eaten in weeks, for he has been wandering this burnt land since he had left his pack. His ears kept flickering as his stomach continued to grumble, yet surviving his quest to thrive.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Anevay felt her stomach gnawing at her. She knew she had to find something. Putting her muzzle to the ground she sniffs around for the scent of anything she could catch. The soot and ash that had been there for generations finds it's way into her nose causing her to break into a fit of sneezing. Scrunching up her muzzle she continues her search. Coming upon a faint scent of some small rodent. "Anything is better than nothing I suppose." Going downwind she crouches and see's a shrew minding it's own business.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Suddenly the wind changes, and Icicle smells some food. He follows the scent, too hungry for noticing his constant sneezing. She came across a shrew, looking forward he sees a female wolf standing before him. He flattens his ears, not really in the mood for a fight. He wanted to seem as much not a threat as possible, so he tried to show some respect, though not really knowing how.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Anevay sees a male, just a bit younger than her. He was probably just as hungry as she was, maybe even more so. She was used to living here so she would be able to cope with the conditions. By the look it was the first meal he had seen in a while. She looks at the wolf and says, her voice low and steady, "Go ahead." Then she turns tail and decided she may as well find something else. The other wolf seemed like he needed it more so.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Icicle perks his ears to the female, who had just spoken. "Thank you," he whispered in a low, weak voice. He looked down at the meal, gobbling it up in a second. It wasn't much, but he knew it was his first meal since he had come here.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:23 pm

She just gives a nod and a small smile, "Glad I could help. If you need anything else. Well I shouldn't really be too hard to spot." Anevay starts to walk off back towards the valley. The sun beats down on the ground, hitting her pelt, giving her a warm discomfort. She lets out a low growl of aggravation. It was days like this that caused her sometimes to curl up in her den and spend yet another day in hunger. Sad enough she had grown accustomed to the feeling. Aneay finds herself trailing back down the broken tree into the clearing. Exhausted from the heat she rests under the ledge in the valley, not even bothering to go to her den. Her eyes droop shut, no matter how much she fought to keep them open.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:45 pm

"Ok then, I guess. Do you live here?" She was gone so he figured she didn't hear him. He continued to walk around, his fur the color of the land and on the search for food.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:07 pm

No matter what Anevay couldn't rest. Her hunger gnawed at her stomach. At times she questioned and hated the need to put others before herself. She would just have to wait until the sun went down. It wouldn't be as hot, so her energy wouldn't drain. "Why I even bother to stay..." Anevay snorts and just lays her head down on her paws, trying to curl up in the little shade that was available. "Why do I still believe that I can do this. I can't do it alone..." Anevay lets out a sigh of defeat and just lays there, waiting.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Icicle continued to walk around on his search for food, and he just now smells the she-wolf from before. He knew it would he polite to catch some food for her, but he knew that food-finding would be difficult here and he is a bit tired from traveling all day. He continued to walk around, soon finding a dead elk mostly colored from the ashes of the land. "Finally..." he thought. He walked over to it, and started to dig. Soon he completely unburied it, and started to drag it in the direction of the female wolf.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Sleep finally overcame Anevay. She had been up the past few days, but now her body finally gave in. She curled up in a ball and shrank away into the shadow underneath the ledge. Finally out of the sun, she gives in, her breathing becoming a gentle pattern. Her sleep was dreamless, just black nothing... just like the day either way. She heard only one word One day...
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Icicle continued to drag the elk carcass towards the female, once in a while he let go of his hold of the body to find the she-wolf's scent. He finally did find the female, letting go of the carcass. "Your asleep...?" he thought. She shrugged and began to eat the elk.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Anevay was quickly awoken by a familiar scent. She jumps up teeth bared and muzzle wrinkled in a snarl, ears laid back fur bristling. She quickly realizes that it was the male that she had given the shrew to. She blinks and her fur flattens out, and her ears stand up to their regular position. Her only thought was, That was embarrassing. She looks upward at the valley walls and then back at the male wolf. She shakes out her fur and flicks her ear as a fly buzzes by. The constant buzz echoing through her ear.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Icicle's attention was turned towards a snarl, turning around he saw that the female wolf had woken up. He slightly smiled and said, "Mornin' sleepyhead. You enjoy your nap? Anyways, I brought you something." He looked at the elk carcass, pulling it forwards just a little to the she-wolf. He looked at her and asked, "Oh and the name's Icicle. What shall I call you?" He rarely spoke to other wolves, but for some reason, he did with this one.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Anevay looks at the elk, she gives a small smile, "Thank you Icicle. It's nice to meet you. My name's Anevay." She arches her back in a stretch. Anevay blinks a few times, "So you're new here hu?" She takes a step forward and sniffs at the elk carcass. She tears off a piece of the flesh and sits back down underneath the ledge. "I don't know how I'll be able to repay you." She takes a bite into the meat that was in front of her. The elk must have not been among the luckier ones that found enough food. It tasted of ashes but she pushed the taste aside. Anevay looks up at the male, "But why Icicle, may I ask. Did you go out of your way to bring this?"

Last edited by Anevay on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Èmber
    Èmber
    Pack Friend

Post  Èmber Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am

Èmber padded along the ash colored ground, sniffing the air rapidly. I have to find some food somewhere... she though as she quickened her pace. She glanced around the barren landscape, scanning for any signs of prey. Sighing, she gave up and dragged herself back to the camp. Theres no food ANYWHERE! she thought furiously as she kicked a stone to relive her of some pressure. Èmber stopped dead in her tracks as she heard a small squeal of alarm from behind her. She spun around, spotting a small mouse darting away from the stone she had kicked. Instinctively, she dashed across the field, hope swelling up inside her as she pounced on the creature. It let out a weak squeak of pain, but it was quickly silenced as she heard a sickening crunch. Smiling deviously, Èmber bent down and grasped the limp body in her jaws, saliva starting to poll inside her mouth as the mouse's blood oozed over her tounge. She trotted away to the Main camp, struggling not to devour the precious morcil of food. She crossed over the fallen tree trunk into the camp. As she rounded a corner, she spotted Anevay an unfamilure male standing near the center of the camp. She stopped, the mouse rolling out of her jaws and crashing into the ground as she stood their in shock.
    Zendaylia
    Zendaylia
    ловац

Post  Zendaylia Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 am

Zendaylia, had been wandering around for miles with no sign of food. Her stomach did flips as she remembered her meals at the circus: two rabbits every day. She has eaten since she left the circus, but all it was was a few rats about once every two weeks. She put her nose in the air, smelling some wolves. She stopped dead in her tracks, also smelling a large carcass.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Icicle stopped eating as he watched Anevay eat. He perked his ears to her voice. "It's nice to meet you too. And yes, I'm new here. I don't know where or how I got here or even when." He took a large chunk of meat from the carcass. He spoke with his mouth full. "It's ok. You don't need to repay me. It is I who is repaying you. And the only reason why I brought this to you is because you let me eat that rodent earlier."
    Zendaylia
    Zendaylia
    ловац

Post  Zendaylia Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Zendaylia looked in the direction of the wolves and the carcass. "How can they even get food here?" she mumbled. She wanted food, but she hasn't ever really had another wolf encounter. The only wolf she had ever talked to was her mother. She worried that these wolves were savages and will try to kill her for eating their food. But, her stomach started doing bigger flips so her hungar overtook her fear. She ran in the direction and stopped when she saw the elk carcass. She looked at the other wolves and gulped, her fear coming back. She flattened her ears and drooped her tail low. "I'm sorry... I just haven't eaten in a while and I'm starving. I'll leave if you want me to." She looked at the wolves with her puppy eyes. She just had to have a bite.
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

She sighs, "Guess that makes two of us." A smile stretches across her maw she looks down sheepishly, "Was just a kind gesture is all. But it really means a ton." She takes another bite as she smells Ember nearby. The youngster had grown so much. Narrowing her eyes to her she chuckles softly, "Come here Ember." She looks as a female runs up. She says calmly, "It's fine." Pushing forward the remaining meat she had, it still was quite a bit. "You can have this if you'd like." Giving a low laugh, "No need to try to act, I bet all four of us can agree times are quite tough."
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Icicle smiled back at Anevay and saw two female wolves come. He didn't know them, so he wasn't just going to go up to them and talk... yet. He took a bite out of the carcass and perked his ears to the alpha's voice. "Yeah it's hard to live here..."
    Anevay
    Anevay
    алфа

Post  Anevay Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Anevay gives a low snort to herself, "I wonder even why I bother to stay here sometimes." She shrugs, "I guess it's that stupid thing we call hope that makes me stay here. I guess I have something keeping me attached to this land." Anevay lies down head on her paws with a gruff sigh. Her tail swishes from side to side against the ground, and she looks up. The sky seemed gloomy, grey clouds scattering the sky. "You think it might rain?" Anevay finds herself wondering out loud. She realizes she was rambling on and talking too much. She looks down embarrassed, the thought sneaks its way into her mind, Why am I talking so much? It's not like me.
    Dyani
    Dyani
    ратник

Post  Dyani Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 pm

A slender yet fairly built wolf calmly sauntered through the nearly barren land. His ears & tail constantly flicked in slight irritation, wondering how on earth did he end up leaving a fruitful forest full of life not too long ago to winding up in a desolate place with barely any life around. "Great...." He murmured quietly. The corner of his mouth twitched, parting slightly to allow his tongue to run over the fresh slice across his muzzle. The heavy scent of his own blood blocked the warnings of other wolves close by. Dyani stopped beside a decayed fallen tree, slumping down to the ground wearily as he tried to clean off the wound on his muzzle.
    Icicle
    Icicle
    ратник

Post  Icicle Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am

"Yeah... I don't know why I'm here." Icicle put his nose in the air and caught scent of a loner. He looked at Anevay as she laid down, flickering his tail. "Loner," he mumbled.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 pm